Only attempt the one handed steel mace 360 when you have truly mastered the two handed 360. Use your free hand to stabilize the mace into the rack when you begin practicing this movement.
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart.
- Start in the rack position with your hand close to your naval, use your other hand for balance and support.
- If you’re gripping the mace with your right hand, push the mace head over the left shoulder.
- During the back swing keep your grip loose (just tight enough to hold the mace) and let your tricep go into full flexion so that your elbow is pointing upwards and your hand is behind your head.
- The mace should remain close to the body at all times.
- Pull the mace over the opposite shoulder at the end of the back swing.
- Use your free hand to stabilise the mace if needed when returning to the rack.