Only attempt the one handed steel mace 10-to-2 when you have truly mastered the two handed 10-to-2. This is another great exercise for shoulder and grip strength.
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart.
- Grip the mace in rack position with your hand close to your naval.
- Push the mace head over your shoulder at the 2 o’clock angle.
- During the back swing keep your grip loose (just tight enough to hold the mace) and let your tricep go into full flexion so that your elbow is pointing upwards and your hand is behind your head.
- The mace should remain close to the body at all times.
- Pull the mace over the opposite shoulder and finish the movement in the 10 o’clock position.
- Switch hands and repeat