The steel mace switch lunge is a very dynamic exercise and works the upper and lower body simultaneously. It’s not only an excellent leg builder it’s extremely taxing on the cardiovascular system too.
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart.
- Keep your spine neutral throughout the movement.
- Lunge forward with the foot that is on the same side as the mace head.
- Drive through your front heel, squeeze the glute and return to the starting position while simultaneously performing a front switch.
- Then lunge with the opposite foot.