The Steel Club Advanced Shoulder Cast is very challenging because not only do you have the leverage disadvantage of the club, you also have a leverage disadvantage of having the clubs so far away from your body.
- Keep your shoulders packed down, your core tight and glutes squeezed.
- Some thoracic extension is allowed with this exercise.
- From the order position, cast the club behind your back.
- Activate the lat and pull the elbow down and out to the side whilst extending the tricep.
- Hold the club out to the side at shoulder height (Iron Cross Position) for a split second and repeat the movement.
Common Problems & Solutions
Error: Relying too much on the triceps, this is not a tricep extension.
Correction: Actively engage the lat and pull the elbow down while simultaneously extending the elbow.