The steel club barbarian squat is a fantastic upper/lower body and core exercise. Be sure to have full control of the club throughout the movement and choke up if needed.
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart.
- Keep your core and glutes braced tight throughout the movement.
- Grip the club by the neck close the pommel.
- From the guard position, cast the club behind your back.
- Then pullover your shoulders the club whist squatting.
- Lock out the arms at the bottom of the squat keeping your arms parallel to the floor.
Common Problems & Solutions
Error: Hyper extending through the lumbar spine.
Correction: Anteriorly rotate your tailbone, some extension through the thoracic is allowed.