The steel club gamma cast is an excellent exercise for developing circular strength, the Gamma Cast will bullet proof your shoulders like nothing else!
- Stand with your feet hip width apart.
- Keep your core tight, and your quads and glutes activated.
- Ensure your shoulders stay packed down.
- Begin the movement with the club in the front order position.
- Cast the club over your shoulder.
- During the back swing keep your grip loose (just tight enough to grip the club) and let your triceps go into full flexion so that your elbows are pointing upwards and your hands are behind your head.
- The club should remain close to the body at all times.
- Engage the lats, drawing the elbows down pulling the club over the opposite shoulder finishing the movement back in the front order position.
- Remember to change your grip so that your other hand is on top after a certain amount of sets/reps/time.
Common Problems & Solutions
Error: Gripping the club too tight during the back swing and not relaxing the triceps which will result in elbow pain.
Correction: Only grip the club as tight as you need during the back swing and allow your triceps to go into full flexion.